Thanks to agrochemicals, food production is able to meet the enormous demand of the growing world population. Imagine the food crisis if they didn’t exist!
But what are agrochemicals? Below, we give you this information so that you know which product to buy in our online store according to the pest you are facing.
Agrochemicals are substances whose purpose is to control, prevent or destroy any pest.
They provide nutrients to agricultural soils, kill insects and microorganisms that negatively affect them, and exclude all types of weeds, including fungi and algae.
Agrochemicals are also used to fight diseases such as malaria and typhus, which are transmitted to people by insects and parasites.
According to their function, they are classified into:
- insecticides🇧🇷 They are responsible for killing insects that are harmful to plants and animals. Generally speaking, they are classified as ovicide if they act on the eggs; larvicides, if they eliminate larvae or; adulticides, if they kill the adult insect.
- fungicides🇧🇷 Its purpose is to eliminate harmful fungus and mold. They are classified according to their composition and area of activity.
- Avicides🇧🇷 It has the function of eliminating or repelling birds, acting mechanically or through chemical products.
- acaricides🇧🇷 They repel all types of mites and can also be used on animals.
- herbicides🇧🇷 Eliminate plants or weeds that are harmful to crops, there are several types depending on their persistence, the degree they affect the plant or the time they are used.
- rodenticides🇧🇷 Created to end rodent pests in crops.
What plague are you facing? If you still have doubts about which product to buy or have already purchased it, but don’t know how to use it, contact us! We want to help you get rid of the annoying pest that plagues your crop.