Termites (also known as white ants) are insects that feed on wood and materials rich in cellulose They have a mouthpart that allows them to devour large amounts of wood, therefore, they quickly destroy any surface or object made of this material. It is one of the most dangerous pests and the one that most affects your economy, as it causes damage to your furniture or the structure of your home, such as the beams (if the structure is made of wood).
In this type of pest, it is important to act as soon as possible. Your home is one of your biggest and most important investments, so you need to take the necessary measures to protect it and put an end to this pest.
We share a series of steps to get rid of termites.
1. Detect what type of termites they are. There are different types of termites, which are:
- Subterranean termites. They live in the damp earth, under our house, so they are not detected with the naked eye, they attack directly the wooden structure through underground tunnels. When they leave, they leave muddy paths and this is what affects your home the most.
- Wood termites. These are visible and leave traces, holes in the wood and any kind of trace.
two. Define what type of termiticide we will use. With the information on how we are going to attack the pest, we will need to know the type to use, as there are two:
- Termiticide repellent. It’s easy, kills on contact. As soon as the termite touches the poison, it dies instantly.
- Non-repellent termicide. It is undoubtedly the most functional and expensive. The termite does not detect it and becomes infected or sick, when it goes to the nest, it dies. When they die, they are devoured by the others, in this way the sick termite infects the others, as the feces and skeletons also contain the poison.
3. Fight the plague. For this, the foundation of the house is fumigated. The application method par excellence is the application of the termiticide in a pump that mixes the solution. Then the perimeter of the house is drilled down to the foundation, the pump pressurizes the solution, injecting the pressurized mixture creating a slick below the structure.
4. Fumigate your home. Apply the solution underneath your home (if you have a wood frame) or inside your home. Termites can enter through hardwood floors, around a home’s foundation, or any other opening in plumbing or power lines, they can even drill holes, so pay special attention to these areas.
Another recommendation is that you eliminate humidity from your home, as thrive in humid environments🇧🇷 Therefore, repair faucets and pipes immediately, especially those outside the home, which are often a breeding ground for termites. At the of all pests We have all the necessary tools for fumigation, from termiticide to application equipment. Trust us, we have everything you need.